Part of the fun of running a graphic design blog is getting to see how people find the site through Google. I recently took a look at my analytics, and found some crazy typos and hilarious search strings! While most of my traffic comes from other designers through Twitter and other graphic design related sites, search still generates a large percentage of traffic – no matter the intent of the searcher!
In looking at the search terms used to find my site in Google Analytics, I would occasionally notice a typo or odd phrase, along with the occasional very-random search string that somehow landed a visitor on the site. Taken on the whole, condensed from about 4000 different search strings from the last few months, the typos and odd searches make an entertaining read.
Some of the typos and strange phrases are made with some frequency due to perhaps the layout of the QWERTY keyboard. Some are just funny! Either way, I have presented them below by order of frequency and then alphabetically.
The key to getting traffic to my graphic design blog has been writing new material with a relentless focus on what people are searching for. But as you can see, I do get some visitors who end up here by mistake!
I hope this humorous list provides some insight for your own blogging adventures, if any, or at least some insight into human nature and how people use search.
I have provided some commentary on most of these because it was too fun not to!
- freelace graphic design portfolio
Might want to check near your shoelace for that…
- how to get graphic design work over 50
Pretend you are 30 and see what happens.
- what happens when you print a image that is 72 dpi
It comes out of the printer looking really bad. Take an look close up…
- can i print a 72 dpi image
I think you mean “may I print…”
- david airey font
He doesn’t have a font, but he does have a designer hat and socks.
- graphic design fail
And why does my site come up for this search?
- +”freelance” +”graphic design” +”what to charge”
Could you be more specific?
- 21th graphic design
That’s easy. Just look for the 22th and back up one.
- abstract sketches of furniture
If it’s abstract, how will you know you found it?
- bai logo
Bai! You can has logo!
- beer typeface
To find a beer typeface, you need beer goggles. A pint of Guiness should get you started.
- best grapich designer
Talk to the best lgoo desginre and I’m sure he or she kowns someneo.
- best typohraphy fonts loho
I hreatly suhhest hetting a new keyboard to avoid this ehrehious error.
Try the use-less-hyphen approach for much-more-accurate results.
- can i draw graphics like google analytics
I don’t know, can you?
- can you get a fifth color in cymk printing
Let’s see. CMYK = 4 color process. The answer is no (unless you mean spot color 🙂 ).
- can you print a 72 dpi image
Test: hit print and see what happens.
- can you print online images at 300dpi?
This question will never, ever go away.
You have been pwned by chirdlike reasoning.
- converting from 72 dpi to 300 dpi to print
No, you can’t. Please stop.
- corate identity timeline
- corporate advertising print calendar design portfolio
Please be more specific…
- corporate identi ai
Consult your dicti aie first.
- cymk and you get a fifth color printing
CMYK and you get four colors, hence the CMY and K.
- desiner logo portafolio
Yes, right next to the portobello mushrooms and Chianti.
- do most graphic designers fail?
Why are you asking me this? What are you implying.
- does it take longer to scan 300 dpi or 72 dpi
I’ll give you one guess.
- download fonte futura
No, you can’t download free “real” fonts.
- download top 100 fonts
No, you can’t download free “real” fonts, still.
- dr sketching arthouse
Sorry, Dr. Sketching is not availabe. He’s at the Arthouse.
- effect on project when changing project hourly rate
You lose the client, that’s all.
- film resolution dpi
Film does not have resolution…it’s film.
- font combinaties
Try again at google.fr
- font combonations
“I’ll have the Helvetica burger with a side of Futura fries.”
- font comninations
- font most used in school
New Century Schoolbook, silly!
- four thing u have to do in graphic design
R u asking me 2 du this 4 u?
- freelance designer fail
OK, this whole fail thing is getting my goat…
- freelance graphic design opinions david airey
Do you really want to know what I think of David Airey? C’mon, look at his mad logo design skillz?
- freelance graphic designer how to invoice australia
I would start with a $1million AU bill to the “King of Australia” and see what happens.
- freelance graphic designer rephrase
“Rephrase freelance designer of graphics” – how’s that?
- frelance sma
- graphic design+pdf+do comment boxes print?
You have 3 questions here. Try 3 different searches in a row.
- graphic designer: it’s cool being one
It’s definitely cool being me, and such.
- how to draw simple easy amazing things on a blank sheet of white
Just get a pencil and paper and draw like Leonardo – how else would you do this? Silly question…
- how to fix a fifth color in cmyk
Your problem is due in large part to a lack of a fifth color being present to be able to fix.
- how to go from 72 to 300 dpi for printing
Listen: you can’t.
- how to print a web page in 300 dpi on paper
You are still not listening. You can’t. For many reasons beyond the scope of…you.
- how to print on 300 dpi
How to print on 300 dpi what? Hmmm. Go to Staples and ask for 300 dpi paper, maybe.
- i am going to tell you one more time
I’m all ears!
- i just got my degree in graphic design and i dont have a portfolio
You may have gotten ripped off at your college.
- i’m a graphic designer where do i get printed?
It’s kind of a chicken-and-egg thing now, isn’t it!
- i’m graphic designer and i need to get clients
I’m client – let’s get 2 gether!
- i’m i to old to be a graphic designer
Yes, the heavy lifting does exclude certain age groups from this physically demanding line of work.
- if the web is 72 dpi why are higher res images better quality
Because higher res images are better quality, which has nothing to do with the web.
- ikea caint
But, ikea cain after all! I’ve see it!
- im gonna be graphic designer
Go get’em tiger!
- information design workbook graphic approaches solutions and inspiration plus 30 case studies
I have 25 case studies – will that do?
- jpg is 300 dpi but opens at 72 dpi
Then your jpg is not 300 dpi.
- like father like son spelled in all fonts
Most things are spelled in all fonts, unless you are using sign language.
- logos of a house sketches
Lost me on that one…
- many graphic designers are leave why?
leave cuz can’t communicating client bill to financial pays.
- moleskin top hat
- new poster for wasting things (based on graphics design)
- organisation’s right to inspect computers ofgraphic communications
- over the top font
- pdf art tps ii
- pdf font like verdana
What is a PDF font? And why do you want one like Verdana? Don’t we already have enough Verdana in the world?
- photoshop resolution 72 dpi to 300 dpi
- photoshop resulution 72-dpi to 300-dpi
- ping pong design in alphabetical order
- prefered font for email
Use Helvetica, which is faster than Times Roman because it has no serifs. Also, studies have shown 6pt Helvetica to be faster than 12pt Helvetica because it’s smaller.
- printing higher than 72 dpi on web pages
No. Stop it.
- printing web resolution higher than 72 dpi
You really need to stop it.
- production possibility is a graphical combination which a society can use for resources
Please consult the Flux Capacitor manual for more instruction. One may be located on the TARDIS.
- pros and cons of a graphic designer
Pro: I’m good. Con: I’m expensive.
- questions i need to ask my im designing a website
- responsibilities of the warehousing head
- screen resolution 72 lines
- site web top 10 de freelance en art graphique
- some things graphic designer would design for a client
Like maybe a logo, a website, a mug, a book, a poster. Let me think of a few more when I get some time.
- this is going to be the final design
- tips til pdf print
When waiting for the PDF to print, you can 1) surf the web, 2) get coffee, 3) check out twitter or 4) look at your Google Analytics stats for strange things.
- top fints
I think a blog dedicated to typigraphy might have an answer for you.
- unpaid freelance graphic design work in photoshop
Who told you I did that?
- we always look out for freelancer
Yes, and when you find one, you put a big hat on him that says “sucker”. See # 85.
- website grader – do it work?
It do work!
- what are the four things that we can draw
We can draw 1) a potato, 2) a cow, 3) a car and 4) a vase. Other than those, we don’t know if we can draw anything else.
- what is a graphic designers job in the printing process
To make the pre-press technician very, very upset that he can’t say out loud how dumb most graphic designers are :).
- what is anice font for wall writing
Most graffiti artists just kind of make up their own fonts.
- what is most popular font for drawings?
That might be “chicken scratch” but I’d have to confirm.
- what percentage of graphic designers are excellent at design?
- where should a graphic designer live
Near a cafe with free wi-fi.
- why all graphic designers must use
I think it’s simply customary that in fact all graphic designers must use.
- why do designers like akzidenz grotesk
Why does Elvis like Rock and Roll?
- why dont graphic designer likes verdana
I like Verdana, just not when Ikea uses it…
- why should i be a graphic designer
Nobody says you have to be a graphic designer…
- will the role of the graphic designer and design have
changed in any way?
I can’t tell if this question is going to happen or if it will have happenend.
- top 10 fints
I know the top 3 are Hilvitici, Girimind, and Fitiri.
- what is a one color print job
It’s a print job with…one color. But it could also be a four color job, as long as all four colors are the same.