Just a little horn-tooting: we crossed 100,000 visits last week. It’s not much, but our first 6-digit tally of visitor totals feels significant for some reason. Unique page views crossed 160,000 too. We started in September 2009, and in general get 300-1000 unique visitors a day, but have the odd day of 3000-7000 hits if we post something that gets re-tweeted like mad. That’s happened a dozen times or so.
Fun facts about BonFX.com
- 60% of traffic comes from Google (and other search engines)
- 30% of traffic comes from referrals from other sites
- 30% comes direct, which may be Twitter but could also be RSS subscriptions
- The vast majority of visitors come for articles about typography
- Other popular topics are iPhone related
Among the other various kinds of posts, one popular selection is our goofy graphic design limerick post, from which I have culled an apropos example for this post:
There once was a blogging designer
Who said “I will sooner retire!
I’ll write blogs all day,
And sip my latte.”
But soon found his finances goner.
What next for BonFX.com?
- The long, meaningful slug to 1,000,000 unique visitors
- A focus on typography, a book or two, more iPhone apps for graphic designers, and creative processes from brainstorming to sketching. This will help concentrate our topics and thus benefit our SEO optimization efforts around our products.
- More subjective opinion
- I might finally do something about the portfolio and about page I have not touched since we launched. Really bad. I know. But our focus won’t be on client acquisition in 2010 as much as product development.
- I’m sure something else interesting will crop up.
Thanks for stopping by!