Are you planning your own wedding? Making your own invites? You need all the help you can get, right? Well, we’ve compiled 20 contemporary wedding invitation examples along with a few tips for those of you who are thinking about DIY wedding announcements. I enjoyed scanning wedding sites for these images–all the design associated with weddings in general are more artsy and beautiful than ever before. Hopefully this helps you a little, saves you some time, and gives you some ideas to think outside the box to make your special day just that much more special!
A few things to keep in mind concerning timelines as you consider creating your cards:
- If you’re sending save-the-date cards, they will need to go out at least 6 months prior to your wedding date.
- Invitations need to be mailed 6-8 weeks before the wedding to give people enough time to make travel plans, etc.
- Make sure your RSVP date is 2-3 weeks before your wedding so adequate time is given for catering and final planning.
Preliminary design considerations:
- Be sure the over-all style of your cards are consistent with the rest of your wedding! The tone of your invite is key in communicating the extent of formality to be expected.
- Do some basic research on type and learn which fonts convey the style you’re going for–classy vs. avant-garde, modern, playful, etc. Consider the readability of your cards by keeping the text minimal.
- Consider the size of your cards–standard cards/envelops could save money in postage and printing.
- When choosing colors, keep them cohesive with the rest of your wedding!
20 Contemporary Wedding Invitation Examples
We need your link-support—so don't forget to share this from your blog, Facecook, Pinterest, etc.